Sunday, May 29, 2011

Haiti Mission Trip

Well the boys are really giving it to me this weekend. They know I am leaving next Friday to go on a mission trip. What they do not know is that I am going to Haiti. I am both nervous and excited about this trip. I will be working with Heartline Ministries, which is a group I think that is just absoultely wonderful. I am experiencing mixed feelings about going though. I always loved Haiti while I was there, but now I know some dark things about it. I am excited to go and work with these awesome people I have read about and followed their ministeries. However I am also nervous. I know that I will be leaving my children at home and I worry how they will handle me being gone for a whole week. This is the longest I have been gone from them since they came home. I also worry about how I will feel being back in a place I know where such evil was perpetrated on my children. Part of me wants to hunt down the people who did some of the things that happened to them, and part of me is in such disgust I hope I never see them. This trip is stirring up all of these emotions. I honestly am not sure how I will react. However, I do know that God's hand is in all of this and He appointed this time for me to go back to Haiti. I wait with baited breath to see what He has in store for me. Yet, faithfully I will go and follow in His footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment