Thursday, June 24, 2010

And Life Goes On and On and On

I was reading one of the mom's blog I follow who also is dealing with children with RAD. In her post she was talking about how she could handle life so much better if she could just pause life for a month or so. I so feel like her right now. I feel like my life is on this roller coaster ride I cannot get off of, or like a race I am running but I am always just behind the pack. I get so tired of my radishes always pushing me and being perfect angels (sorta) for everyone else. I get tired of having to tell my husband that just having them do 10 jumping jacks is not an appropriate consequence for every.single.offense. I also get tired of having to be the creative one and come up with the consequences then playing it off like it is all from "daddy." I also think I am way to early in this game to feel this beat up and defeated all the time. Add on to this that I am dealing with a lot of crap at work (all these crazy juvenile delinquents have become sex crazed maniacs and they are getting away with their behavior but that is another post for another day). I just want to go to bed and hide away. I want a break from my life or I want a new life. And the crazy thing is at the end of the day I can only think I want a normal parenting experience. Unlike most of the people I know these are my first children. I did not come into this with a wealth of experience on how to be a parent. I want to adopt again a newborn and start all over again. Ok so I guess this is just a venting post but I am sooooooo tired and just want a break, a nice long break, on a beach or in the woods and just hide out from everyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment