Friday, December 24, 2010

I really, really Love my Children.

I am putting together a nice gift for my mother for Christmas that involves a bunch of photos. So today I got the chance to look back through all of the photos of the boy since they got home. Man have we had some good times together. We really have I have some great pictures that have genuine smiles of the boys and those are great and wonderful. However I think that the pictures that are stirring my heart this morning are the ones that painfully show their pain. Looking back I see the deep soulful looks. I can see the pain there, but I can also see the healing. When you are in the middle of mud and yuck, you forget to look backwards and see how far you have walked through the mud. I would never be able to do this without the help of our many therapist. I have true sympathy for those who have to walk through this alone. I know that there are miles and miles of junk to work through, but on this Christmas Eve I am thankful for the small glimpses of "normal" that we get. Even when those glimpses come with a little mud. I get caught up in the fact of the sabatoage that happens after a really good time with them,and forget that heck for an hour (or two minutes) we had a really good family time and no one got a consequence. So my prayer for me and all of the families going through this time on this Christmas Eve is that we can find the fun and joy in raising our children even when that comes with a different wrapping paper one that is a little dirty and scuffed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment