Monday, June 6, 2011

Haiti Day Two, continued

Well after my last post I decided I wanted to share some more. On our trip around the city we did see a lot of the tent cities. A lot of the rubble has been cleared away. There are some photos I will share when I get back, but for the most part Haiti is still functioning and is just still Haiti. The streets are forever busy and people are walking to and fro. There were some loud shouts on the streets in just the spirited way Haitians have discussions with each other. In other words despite difficulties I am not sure I could overcome the Haitians are doing more than mere surviving they are living. The children look happy and joyful as they waved to us from the sides of the streets. I see the Hatian people as proud and hard working. I was totally impressed by what I saw and I cannot communicate clearly enough the strength of the Haitian people. They are truly looking for a hand up and not a hand out.

Also last night we had a worship service with out team and some of the missionaries. It was just awesome to get a chance to worship with people who have a heart for Haiti. I am so enjoying our trip here. Haiti is such a wonderful place and it needs some awesome people working along side the Haitians. The worship was spirit filled and so annointed. It just can not be put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment