Sunday, June 5, 2011

Haiti- Day Two

Today we started out by getting up and getting ready to go to church. I was sound asleep and slept longer than everyone else. I ended up getting ready and rushing around like a crazy woman 10 minutes before we were suppose to leave. Going to church was awesome. It is an English-speaking church that is a mixture of ex-pats and Haitians. It was great to go and worship the Lord. However if I closed my eyes it felt very much like a church service back home. It was awesome to praise the Lord in Haiti. It is always very special to go to church in another country. It is just wonderful to see people of all nations praising God. I can not even explain it but there is just something special for me in that.

On the way to church and during church we spent time holding some of the babies from the teenage mother's home. They were just so cute and precious. It was wonderful to be able to love up on them. I so enjoyed the time holding them and they were just so cute.

After church we came back to the guest house and had lunch. We are having this amazing bread that I have never had before. It is just so yummy. I wish I could get the recipe and make it back in the states. I had a tuna fish "sandwich" and a peanut butter and jelly "sandwich" with the bread. I think I could eat a whole plate of it by myself. However I was not a hog and refrained. LOL

After lunch we got ready to go out on a trip around the city. Several of us decided to get on the roof of our truck and ride around. One of the guys with us on the roof and it was a pleasure to get to know him. His name is Aaron and he spent several years of his childhood in Haiti. He wants to start doing more frequent trips from his church and is down here trying to learn more about what to make that happen. I love learning about people's stories and his seems to be an awesome one. He has a lot of memories from living down here and it is great to get to know him.

When we got back to the guest house we got a little free time, and that is why I am posting this now. We will have dinner tonight and I am not sure after that. I am sure that we will just be resting, and spending time in preparing to go out again tomorrow. We have several more days of hard work ahead of us, but I am looking forward to seeing what God is going to do and how he is going to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment