Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Life Raft

I am so excited about what I signed up for this week. My awesome, awesome, Internet only for now support, named Corey puts on an Orlando weekend for moms with kids similar to mine. Now I was supposed to go last year but Rob started dialysis about two weeks or so before the trip and I had to cancel going. However this year I am going. The boys can rage for weeks before or after, they can threaten to burn the house down, or whatever but my happy butt will be in Orlando this year. This is not just because I want it but because I NEED it. I need to be with other moms who get it. Who do not look at me with pity or disgust or fear when they hear about the problems my kids have. Who can laugh with me about some of the crazy stuff our kids due, simply because we know if we did not find a way to laugh we would be crying all the time. I am going to be so blessed I know to meet women who get my story and can offer unconditional acceptance about some of the things we have tried to heal our children. Just being with women who get it is awesome. I am so excited I can not wait until March. So to all of my new friends I am going to meet in Orlando hello and I can not wait to meet you. This is my life raft for the next few months. And I know some days I will be clinging to that life raft by my teeth, but knowing you will have those days too is such a comfort. I can not wait to meet you my Orlando buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment